This page is for attorneys who are seeking more information about providing pro bono legal services. If you are an individual needing pro bono help, click here.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Providing Pro Bono Service
- Finding Pro Bono Opportunities
- Resources and Support for Pro Bono Service
- Washington State Pro Bono Network
- Rule 6.1 Pro Bono Publico Service
- Rule 6.2 Accepting Appointments
- Rule 6.3 Membership in Legal Services Organization
- Rule 6.4 Law Reform Activities Affecting Client Interests
- Rule 6.5 Nonprofit and Court-Annexed Limited Legal Service Programs.
Benefits of Providing Pro Bono Service
Finding Pro Bono Opportunities
The Advocate Resource Center Pro Bono Opportunities Guide provides a comprehensive list of pro bono opportunities in Washington State, with a helpful “Search” feature that lets you search by city, your preferred area of law or type of client, and more.
Resources and Support for Pro Bono Service
The ARC is available only to private attorneys who are handling a pro bono case at the time. Sign into the Advocate Resource Center …
How the Pro Bono Network Works in WA
Pro bono efforts in Washington State are coordinated through a the Pro Bono Network, which includes bar associations, volunteer lawyer programs, legal aid organizations, law firms, governmental law offices, corporate counsel offices, bar sections, and specialty and minority bar associations.
Pro Bono practice is Washington State is covered in Title 6 (“Public Service”) of the Rules of Professional Conduct: